Today, Breathe & Smile is taking her first breath! Yippeee! Yahoooo! I’ve been inspired by so many wonderful ladies in blogland for so long now that my husband doesn’t find it at all odd when I refer to them in real life conversation. He’s been encouraging me to join in the conversation for awhile, but as with all things in my life, I like to take my time and really feel like I have a good handle on the whole story before I jump into something. I know this sounds silly since this is just a blog, and I’ll be lucky if even my husband reads it, but with all of the amazing and creative blogs out there, this is kind of a daunting and intimidating task.
I’m still gathering my thoughts on what topics I would like to post about, but the first step to posting is to actually start writing something, right?
Anyhoo, these are some of the topics that I think and talk about all the time in real life, so they’ll probably be the things that I will want to talk about here (and believe me, I can go on and on and on about these things)…
1. My hubby ❤ – Since we’ve known each other for, goodness, almost a decade (!), I spend a lot of my time thinking and talking about him! He’s a wonderful, funny, and loving man, I’m so very lucky to have him in my life.
2. My puppies, Maggie & Charlie – Maggie is a shih-tzu/poodle mix my parents and I adopted in February 2009. She was supposed to move to the big city with us but is enjoying life in the country with Grandma & Grandpa too much! Charlie is a 3yo long-haired dachshund the hubby and I adopted just about 6 weeks ago. He has so seamlessly integrated himself into our lives, it feels like we’ve had him his whole life.
3. Living in NYC – Although NYC is not my favorite place in the world by any means, it’s where I work and live, so I made a decision awhile ago to make the best of the situation and and do everything I can to enjoy this crazy town while I’m here, because it certainly won’t be forever. I do have to admit that, ironically, living in the “city that never sleeps” has really taught me to slow down and take the time to enjoy the simpler things in life.
4. My family, my friends, my life, the everyday – self explanatory?
5. Weddings! – This is probably one of my favorite things to talk about! Although I’ve already celebrated my 1-year anniversary with the hubs, I still love looking at all things wedding related and pretending I have 10 more weddings of my own to plan (it’s a lot more fun without a budget!). I also have a few friends and family members getting married and am lucky to also be in one of the weddings, so perhaps I’ll be able to organize my ideas for those brides a little better here instead of spewing ideas at them all the time.
6. Food – I’m by no means a professional chef or baker, but in my tiny kitchen, I like to pretend I am, so I’m sure some of that will spill over into my ramblings here.
6. Crafting, photography, and the miscellaneous creative endeavors I dream about taking during my long days of staring at excel spreadsheets.
I’m sure as I continue writing, this blog will take on a clearer direction, but it’s all about evolution, right? Letting things happen naturally and organically? And I promise I will learn how to make this place more aesthetically pleasing, the wonky pictures and generic theme are not exactly my cup of tea, but at least I started writing today 🙂
Remember to Breath & Smile!